Pharm help

Started by Lmerc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Lmerc

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys! I'm currently a sophomore in college and pretty much set on Pharmacy School. I was looking for advice on a few areas.
1. When should I be taking the PCAT if my tentative entrance to Pharm school is Fall 2017
2. Around what time frame am I looking to apply to Pharmacy schools? Around spring junior year?
3. Do any of you recommend the best way to shadow a Pharmacist? I know walgreens and public do not do this due to HIPAA laws

Thank you so much!
 
1. Take the PCAT in January and in summer before you apply.
2. Apply in the summer prior to matriculating. Applying early has several advantages because some pharmacy schools have rolling admission.
3. Shadow at a Hospital or at an Independent
 
You will want to have your application pretty much complete and sent in by October 2016, so I would take the PCAT either this year or January of next year that way if you think you could improve you could still retake it in the summer of 2016.

This is assuming you want to start school in August 2017 as stated.