Pharmaceutics!!

Started by wsbkp08
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

wsbkp08

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello, I wasn't sure where to post my questions but since I took all the pharmD undergraduate courses, I'll just post it here.! 🙂
I am junior in pharmaceutical science major in UB.
I just worry too much about my career path and earning money and that kinda stuff.
I know when I ask this, people have said don't go for the money, but do what you like.
but u know, money certainly counts in my happiness.
Anyways...
as a junior,
I was thinking of doing..;
1. graduate- get MBA (more of pharmaceutical management)- get a job
2. graduate - go for MS - get MBA - get a job
3. graduate - go for PhD - get a job as a scientist
4. graduate - go for PharmD.

If i get decide to for MBA, what do I have to do? for example, what courses should I take??
I haven't taken any business courses except macroeco.
Anyways,
please help me and provide me new info!!
Thanks!!
 
Oh
I also thought about going for pharmacometrics...
but yet, I dont even know what that is for sure....
 
If you want to get a MBA and know what area you want to get one in, make sure you take classes in that topic. I was really keen on a Management MBA until I took my management classes for my degree.

Hated every minute of those classes.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MBA is only worth the price if you go to a reputable school. Having said that it's difficult to get into one of those schools with a pure sci background
 
Most people don't get a MBA directly after their undergraduate degree. To get into an actually good MBA program you will have to get a job first, and work for couple of years. It helps to have taken business classes, but experience, leadership, a high gpa, etc is also equally important.