Pharmacy Calculation Help needed!

Started by Marika
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Marika

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hope I'm posting in the right place. I'm taking the ptcb in a few months. I have worked as a tech on & off for 5 years. The practice exams have calculations on them that I never came across while working in the pharmacy before. Is there a book that can break these down step by step that can help? Any advice would be more than appreciated.
Thanks

Marika
 
Hope I'm posting in the right place. I'm taking the ptcb in a few months. I have worked as a tech on & off for 5 years. The practice exams have calculations on them that I never came across while working in the pharmacy before. Is there a book that can break these down step by step that can help? Any advice would be more than appreciated.
Thanks

Marika

I used Mosby's book and passed the PTCB last summer after 2 wks of studying. The math is really different from anything in college, through calculus. I just started a summer pharm tech job and need to work on figuring out doses quickly. I'm hoping after a few 8 hr shifts, it'll be easy. Good luck!