Pharmacy School Accreditation

Started by tydt
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

tydt

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm looking through this right now: https://www.acpe-accredit.org/pdf/AnnualReport.pdf
I know that an action to “affirm” implies that a previously established accreditation term
has been confirmed. Let's look at South University for example, does that means that the school has to reapply for re-accreditation by the end of this year?
 
Actually the one I'm talking about is this school and they're in Savanah GA:
http://www.southuniversity.edu/nursing-and-health-professions-programs/pharmacy-degrees-29211.aspx

I'm a graduate of South University, C/O 2011. I haven't heard of any problems with their accreditation (and I probably would have with friend in the lower classes). However, there was an inspection by the ACPE sometime in the past year or two. It was billed as a normal inspection making sure the school was still doing what they were suppose to be doing. Beside the faculty being a little nervous and telling us to be on our best behavior, everything went fine. I graduated after the inspection, and had no trouble getting my license.

Also, SUSOP recently opened a new campus in SC that hasn't actually graduated a class yet, so that was part of the inspection....

Hirka T'Bawa, Pharm.D RPh.