I don't necessarily agree, JuT. UNC is very competitive, so those stats are solid, but UNC gets numerous applications with such stats. I believe that their class profile is a 3.5 GPA with an 80-85 PCAT.
.
I think people have been mistaking which school she was referring to. I am from NC, I know exactly which school she is referring to which (correct me if im wrong OP.)And IDK if u read her post clearly or not. She said, she would much rather go to two other top choices than the one that just offered her an interview, but if she doesn't hear anything from them then she doesn't mind go to the one that offered her an interview first. And I agreed that UNC is competitive bc they're #2 rank, but not only UNC is competitive, other schools are competitive as well. And it's not only grades and pcat that they put in consideration. Her EC are quite impressive as well. UNC is a research base school, she also has a clinical research experiences. Why u think she doesn't have a chance? I've been to UNC too many time, talked to too many current students and pharmacists that graduated from there. One now walgreens manager said, he got accepted to UNC with a 2.9 GPA and 90 something on the PCAT. I DONT get why people said u wont get accept to UNC blah blah. But if u don't try then how can u find out the answer? keep having the thought in ur mind? OH UNC is competitive and I wont get in? OP she's not like competitive competitive, but she has a really high chances compare to many other applicants. and not to just cover all about UNC, what about her other top choice? of course she will get an interview at that school, it just a matter of time. Why have to go to a dead end?
ps. excuse my grammars. I am not a good writer.
Science GPA: 3.42
Math GPA: 4.0
Non-Science GPA: 3.69
I completed most prereqs in a community college and graduated with an Associate's Degree and GPA of 3.81
I also just finished my Bachelor's of Science in Biology with minors in Chemistry, Psychology, and Forensic Science (also does anybody know where we declare minors in the PharmCAS app?) with a GPA of 3.31
I took my PCAT on Sept. 3rd and got a preliminary composite of 90
Bio 97
Chem 97
Math 67
RC 75
Verbal 49
Composite 90
I also just started working at CVS as a Pharmacy Tech a month ago and got NC certified after taking their LearNet course.
Job History:
Clinical Research - 8 months (still work here)
Waitress - 5 years (still work here)
Hostess - 4 years (long ago)
[I have 3 part time jobs for a total of almost 60 hours per week]
extracurriculars:
Student ambassador for my community college - volunteer in the school for 4 hours per week
American Heart Association - for a few months
Puppy love Rescue - foster puppies
Honors:
Merit scholarship
Student Ambassador scholarship
American Association of University Women Scholarship
Dean's list
Presidents's list
Honor's List
LOR:
- Sr. Clinical Research Coordinator (my boss)
- Head of Organic Chemistry labs (my lab instructor for my Ochem courses and forensic chem)
- Immunology Professor (had him for BIO101 in my Community College and also had him at my 4 year college for Immunology)