Pharmacy School Statistics

Started by yardsman
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

yardsman

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi All, Is there any available resource that can tell me the class statistics of schools that don't participate in pharmcas? I'm looking for things like average incoming GPA, pcat scores, in-state/out of state ratios for schools, and a lot of them make them available on their websites.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you have to bump something on THIS forum, it means no one has any information for you.

I suggest going to each school's website that you're interested in and verifying the stats yourself.
Actually, that's not the case.

OP, the AACP is your friend. To answer your own question, click on the link below:
http://www.aacp.org/resources/student/pharmacyforyou/admissions/Pages/default.aspx

Click "Pharmacy School Admissions Requirements," then select "PSAR Table 9: Admissions Policies." This will show you in a table which school do and don't participate in PharmCAS. On the same page, "School admissions requirements" after PSAR Table 13 gives a 2-page narrative about every pharmacy school in the country. Just select the narrative of the schools you are interested in.
 
Actually, that's not the case.

OP, the AACP is your friend. To answer your own question, click on the link below:
http://www.aacp.org/resources/student/pharmacyforyou/admissions/Pages/default.aspx

Click "Pharmacy School Admissions Requirements," then select "PSAR Table 9: Admissions Policies." This will show you in a table which school do and don't participate in PharmCAS. On the same page, "School admissions requirements" after PSAR Table 13 gives a 2-page narrative about every pharmacy school in the country. Just select the narrative of the schools you are interested in.

Cheers for learning something new every day!

But, generally speaking, if a post gets tossed to the 2nd or 3rd page with zero replies it's a sign that no one knows the answer around here. Apparently, for this case, I was sadly mistaken.
 
Thanks for the replies!

I had already tried searching the individual school websites and unfortunately most of them do not make their class statistics available. They might list the minimum GPA to be eligible, but that's not nearly the same thing as the average accepted GPA.

Thanks medicalcpa for the great link, I hadn't seen the AACP site yet, it's just what I was looking for, information on both pharmcas and non-pharmcas schools. Unfortunately, the "School Admission Requirements" page doesn't seem to work right now, but I'll check it out later. Thanks again!