pharmacy technician exam?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Am a final year foreign pharmacy student..I would like to know what it takes to be a pharmacy technician? Any particular requirements? What is the average salary? Thank you...
 
Am a final year foreign pharmacy student..I would like to know what it takes to be a pharmacy technician? Any particular requirements? What is the average salary? Thank you...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
naijabony said:
Am a final year foreign pharmacy student..I would like to know what it takes to be a pharmacy technician? Any particular requirements? What is the average salary? Thank you...

Hi!

If you're in CA, you just need to pass the test called PTCB (ptcb.org). As fas as I know, the avg pay for the starters is about $11-13/hr. If you become senior, you'll get more, maybe $15-17/hr...I'm not sure about other states.

Best!
 
Oh, I have a question for those who took the test. Do you have to know how to convert units (e.g from teaspoon, tablespoon to ml)? I bought the math review book, it contains a whole chapter of 5 different unit systems...

Thanks!
 
smallkitty00 said:
Oh, I have a question for those who took the test. Do you have to know how to convert units (e.g from teaspoon, tablespoon to ml)? I bought the math review book, it contains a whole chapter of 5 different unit systems...

Thanks!

Altho not exact....for all practical purposes (there's a difference between pharmaceutical & avoirdupois):

1 tsp = 5ml
1 tbs = 15ml
1 oz = 30m
 
Yes, there are quite a few questions like the samples provided on those websites. Make sure you study math and pharmacy law as well -my test's emphasis was on pharmacy law.