pharmacy technician

Started by foomba
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

foomba

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i hear a lot of people talk about the mosby's review for the ptcb exam... but the reviews on amazon say that it is only a review... i have no experience at all in pharmacy... is this one book going to be enough for me to pass the test?
 
i hear a lot of people talk about the mosby's review for the ptcb exam... but the reviews on amazon say that it is only a review... i have no experience at all in pharmacy... is this one book going to be enough for me to pass the test?

I took the ExCPT. Passed it on first try. Very easy for anybody who has worked in a pharmacy for a year or less. If not, dont sweat, just glance through the study guide.
 
Yes. I too had no experience in pharmacy and bought the Mosby's review book. I read the book in one day and passed the exam my first try the next day. However, I remember when taking the exam there were some questions that the review did not cover. I also used the website below to study. Good luck!
http://www.pharmacy-tech-study.com/
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
just another question out of curiosity. i looked at the exam schedule. looks like the next 2 months have a lot of dates... and then the following months do not have any. do the tests quickly get scheduled up? or do i not need to worry about that. im hesitant to schedule it now because my study book has not arrived...
 
May I know the process to get certified through CA board of pharmacy after passing the PTCB? Thank you very much!!

Get a LifeScan done (approx $129), send in your paperwork, and wait 90 days for them to process the paperwork and send you your certificate.