Pharmacy vs. Optometry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

seize the day

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,

I'm having a hard time deciding whether I should go into Pharmacy or Optometry. They both seem like less stressful jobs than MDs and also a lot less competitive to get into these schools. I'm sure they both have pros and cons but how do people come about deciding which one is more suitable for oneself? I have a few things in mind that to be considered-- quality of working environment, money, outlook of the fields, the characteristics of the careers..etc. Could anyone give me some insights on these fields?

Thanks in advance!