PharmCAS Course Subjects

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dannnielleeee

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi there everyone,

I'm finalizing adding my coursework to my PharmCAS profile, and have a question about how PharmCAS classifies course subjects vs. how the pharmacy schools do.

PharmCAS classifies cultural geography and religion courses as "General Non-Science", but most schools consider cultural geography a social science, and I've seen a couple pre-requisite lists that include religion as a social science as well.

Does anyone know if the schools check to see if pre-requisites are met based on how the courses are classified in PharmCAS, or do they check for pre-requisites based on their own subject classification? I would guess the latter, but don't want to be rejected because I'm short a social science course.

Thanks for any input you can provide!