PharmCAS Reference questions

Started by Maimi
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Maimi

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just started working on my PharmCAS application and I have found 4 people who are will to write references for me. My question is how the references get sent for the schools that only take 2 or 3 references. Do we get to choose who's references are sent to each school?
For example, I have 2 professors, one employer, and one pharmacist writing my letters. If I'm applying to a school that says they only take 2 letters, how do I make sure that the one from the pharmacist and one from a professor are the ones being sent?
 
All 4 will be sent to the school regardless of how many they take

Then, the school will choose 2. If the school requires a letter from a pharmacist, they will choose 1 from pharmacist. If they also require one from a professor, they will choose the 1 with the professor at random.

They will not read all 4 and decide which ones are the best tho.
Is there a school that would even read 4 letters of rec?

Unless you know all 4 of them are going to be really strong lor, I would not take all 4.