PharmD/PhD

Started by Medme22
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Medme22

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm currently enrolled in a PhD program. While I enjoy research sometimes it can be boring. I am 2 years into my program and I'm having doubts to whether or not I should've just went to pharmacy school instead. However I could always do PharmD/ PhD or get my PharmD after. I'm already 25 and I'm at the point where I just want to move back home and practice as a pharmacist some days and teach other days. What should I do? Should I stay in my program and just get a PharmD after I finish or should I get my PharmD along with my PhD or just quit my PhD program altogether
 
I would say do the combined program. You may end up not liking the job of a pharmacist as it can be kinda monotonous after a while, but having the PhD will allow you to work in the industry or fall back and just do research. I really think the PhD can be an asset to a pharmacist.
 
I would say do the combined program. You may end up not liking the job of a pharmacist as it can be kinda monotonous after a while, but having the PhD will allow you to work in the industry or fall back and just do research. I really think the PhD can be an asset to a pharmacist.
Yes I've heard pros and cons of both so if I get tired with one i would like to be able to fall back on the other one. I just know if I do both I'll be in school until my early 30s since I only have 2 years left in my PhD program