This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coyshotspur

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I’m currently attending MSMS at PHSU. I like it, it’s incredibly difficult and our cohort can take the cut-throat mentality at times. But I love the material and the level of difficulty. I’m not sure what you’re asking about linkages but yes there are definitely advantages being an MSMS student at PHSU in the MD application pool for new program. Not sure about partners.

I’m currently attending MSMS at PHSU. I like it, it’s incredibly difficult and our cohort can take the cut-throat mentality at times. But I love the material and the level of difficulty. I’m not sure what you’re asking about linkages but yes there are definitely advantages being an MSMS student at PHSU in the MD application pool for new program. Not sure about partners.
Did you attend PHSU-St Louis? Could you let me know how long it took to mark your application as "complete" and then give an admissions decision? Thank you (Sorry for the reply to an old post.)

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you attend PHSU-St Louis? Could you let me know how long it took to mark your application as "complete" and then give an admissions decision? Thank you (Sorry for the reply to an old post.)
I don't have an answer to your question but I made an account trying to get an answer to this same question. If you get an answer could you let me know?

I don't have an answer to your question but I made an account trying to get an answer to this same question. If you get an answer could you let me know?
Haha, Yeah I will let you know. Do you know if we have a way to check our application progress online? There are a few postings about the school on this site, but it seems most people are applying to the medical school and the convo surrounding this program isn't that active. The application to the MSMS is a slight mystery as far as timeline goes. They seem to be updating their website with additional information though, so maybe there will be more info about what it's like when people apply to the MSMS soon.

Haha, Yeah I will let you know. Do you know if we have a way to check our application progress online? There are a few postings about the school on this site, but it seems most people are applying to the medical school and the convo surrounding this program isn't that active. The application to the MSMS is a slight mystery as far as timeline goes. They seem to be updating their website with additional information though, so maybe there will be more info about what it's like when people apply to the MSMS soon.
Thanks. No, I haven't seen a way to check the application. I may call to ask.

I have been emailing with one of the admissions staff. They don't really send anything once your application is complete. They also require a CV, personal statement, transcripts, and letter of recommendations be sent; I found this out after calling to see if my application was complete. I would recommend calling to see if they have everything for your application, and then continuing to call to see if your application is complete. They will also call to schedule an interview once the MSMS committee reviews your application.

I hope this helped! I know I was a little confused during the process as well. Good luck!!

I have been emailing with one of the admissions staff. They don't really send anything once your application is complete. They also require a CV, personal statement, transcripts, and letter of recommendations be sent; I found this out after calling to see if my application was complete. I would recommend calling to see if they have everything for your application, and then continuing to call to see if your application is complete. They will also call to schedule an interview once the MSMS committee reviews your application.

I hope this helped! I know I was a little confused during the process as well. Good luck!!
Thank you for the reply! I emailed them earlier today and am just now waiting for a reply. I would call, but I think I am just worried about bothering them too much. I am also worried that there is something missing from my app. So far, I have ordered everything and know that the other parts you've mentioned are received. It's getting closer and closer to the June 30th deadline and I'm nervous. Good luck to you as well!

Hey I also emailed and am waiting. I'm sure they're swamped with the med school and all. I also fear something is missing from my app and I won't find out in enough time for the June deadline. I'm sure things will work out though.

Hey I also emailed and am waiting. I'm sure they're swamped with the med school and all. I also fear something is missing from my app and I won't find out in enough time for the June deadline. I'm sure things will work out though.
Glad to know I am not the only one worried about this. lol I am also sure they're swamped. The new medical school is exciting though. I can't wait to see what it looks like when everything is complete. I will just continue to wait patiently for a reply to my email. This is my top choice.

Have you heard anything more from the staff? I haven't received any communication from them in a while.

Have you heard anything more from the staff? I haven't received any communication from them in a while.
Yes, I had my interview the other day! I would call to make sure your application is complete. Also if you're emailing the main admissions email, I know I asked something in January and never got a response to this day, so I would recommend emailing a specific admissions staff and not the general email.

Reactions: 1 users
Yes, I had my interview the other day! I would call to make sure your application is complete. Also if you're emailing the main admissions email, I know I asked something in January and never got a response to this day, so I would recommend emailing a specific admissions staff and not the general email.
Congratulations! Do you mind sharing your stats? If you don't want to, I understand.

Congratulations! How did it go? Was it like a typical job-type interview or more involved? Or was it more conversational like a get-to-know-you?

Congratulations! Do you mind sharing your stats? If you don't want to, I understand.
Thank you! All I have is cGPA if that’s what you’re asking for and it’s 3.6X.
Congratulations! How did it go? Was it like a typical job-type interview or more involved? Or was it more conversational like a get-to-know-you?
It was more job-type, but very friendly and relaxed! Shadowing/volunteer experiences, future plans, regular job type and get to know you questions. If you study med school and masters program questions online, you should do fine!

Thank you! All I have is cGPA if that’s what you’re asking for and it’s 3.6X.

It was more job-type, but very friendly and relaxed! Shadowing/volunteer experiences, future plans, regular job type and get to know you questions. If you study med school and masters program questions online, you should do fine!
Thank you. I do not have as high of a cGPA, but I do have a decent science GPA. I took all of my prerequisites after earning my bachelor's. But I still need to do this master's to prove I can handle medical school curriculum and I really would like to attend PHSU STL. Did they tell you how long it will be until you receive an admission decision?

Thank you. I do not have as high of a cGPA, but I do have a decent science GPA. I took all of my prerequisites after earning my bachelor's. But I still need to do this master's to prove I can handle medical school curriculum and I really would like to attend PHSU STL. Did they tell you how long it will be until you receive an admission decision?
They said about two weeks. My sGPA was about 3.3 I believe. I actually went ahead and withdrew my application, because I was accepted in another program! Good luck with everything!