Step I Please help and advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Vandomselaar

Junior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was reading some other letters from the forum and I have the sensation that I'm lost
Well I apologize for my ignorance.
There are people out there talking about the steps and they say that the most important thing for an IMG is the step 1 score and that you do not even need step 2 or doesn?t really matter your score in order to apply for the Match. This is really out of my understanding. I thought that you needed every single test to apply for the match (Step 1, 2, CSA and TOEFL). Well I think that my first step I did was wrong, I noticed that everybody out there take step1 before step 2. However, after 7 years of having finished my studies and after having finished 5 years of residency outside I felt more confident taking step 2 as a first step to get my credential.
Well I have 2 more questions and I really do appreciate if you could answer them.
If you have a complete residency outside, does it have any influence in the matching program?
I am an IMG and I have green card. Does it have any influence in the selection?
Thank you again.