Please Help: Pre-req. Question.

Started by PAGuyana
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PAGuyana

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello:

I recently completed an online undergraduate math course/distance learning course (College Algebra) from an accredited university. Will AMCAS accept this course? Do schools frown on online courses? Btw, my remaining courses were done at a 4 year college, and I did this to sharpen my math skills for the MCAT plus to help me meet the Math requirement at some schools. I have a semester of Calc., but some schools require more than one semester of math. Thanks.
 
Hello:

I recently completed an online undergraduate math course/distance learning course (College Algebra) from an accredited university. Will AMCAS accept this course? Do schools frown on online courses? Btw, my remaining courses were done at a 4 year college, and I did this to sharpen my math skills for the MCAT plus to help me meet the Math requirement at some schools. I have a semester of Calc., but some schools require more than one semester of math. Thanks.

Whoa, you have a semester of Calc and you took College Algebra afterwards? Isn't that below pre-calc even and Trig? Why would you do that? You satisfied the math requirement, technically, but taking a Calc class then going back to take something like College Algebra probably doesn't look the best. I think you're fine as far as the online course goes. I hope you got an A!