Please help with Creighton Distance Pharmacy Program!

Started by Cyclone10
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Cyclone10

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

I am very new to all of this, but if I could get any help from anyone I would greatly appreciate it!

I am a 33 year old woman who really, really wants to get into the Creighton Distance Pharmacy program for 2010. Here are some of my stats and I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions on anything else I could do to increase my chances of getting accepted.

I graduated in 1998 from a private, 4yr college with a degree in Biology, minors in Chemistry and Psychology - GPA 3.4 (went straight through with a full load every semester - no dropped courses or Fs)

Graduated with MBA from Iowa State University in 2006 with 3.6 GPA

7 years experience in the pharmaceutical industry in sales

Just started working as a pharmacy tech in retail (part time)

I have not taken my PCAT. I will take this June 20th but I am very nervous. I have been studying for months (purchased a Kaplan refresher)but it has been 13-14 years since I took Organic, Calculus and General Chemistry.

If anyone who has been accepted to the distance program has any suggestions, please be honest!!
Thanks in advance for any help.
 
CU student here. Sounds like you would be a strong candidate. Much of what will determine things will be your PCAT and interview skills. Good luck.
 
What about GPA? Is that just as important? Also, I have a Quantitative score on PCAT as a 42, but my composite is 77...Would I have a shot?

CU student here. Sounds like you would be a strong candidate. Much of what will determine things will be your PCAT and interview skills. Good luck.
 
What about GPA? Is that just as important? Also, I have a Quantitative score on PCAT as a 42, but my composite is 77...Would I have a shot?

I assume GPA is important. Her's looks "acceptable" if there is such a thing.

I don't think your scores would eliminate you, but they might be working against you some.