Step I plz help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

aliceinchains

New Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
got a rather hopeless step1 score, 77:{can someone suggest what should i do for step2? is there any pointin giving step2 or should i start thinking on different lines.
thanks for any help
😕
 
Hi aliceinchains-

How did you study for step 1? Mostly reading books or did you attend prep classes? You may want to try a combination of both, do tons of practice questions, and review something like First Aid for Step 1 before you take the test. Also, don't forget things like behavioral sciences and statistics.

Have you done all of your 3rd year clinicals yet? That will help immensly for Step 2- pretty much all of Step 2 comes from the 3rd year, although there will be some subspecialty questions (neuro and ortho) as well as some statistics. There are actually online Kaplan courses available for Step 2- that's what I used, as well as the Q-bank book and Crush the boards, and I was very happy with my score. Other books people I know have found helpful inculde First Aid for Step 2 and Boards and Wards.

Study hard and good luck!
Foxxy C.