PMR shadowing in SoCal?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bonsaipalmtree

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all... I am starting my first year (DO) and based off a few shadowing experiences back home, I'm very interested in PM&R. I do not know my way around SoCal yet and am looking for a lead on a place to shadow... maybe get in on a little research... anyone have any ideas of good places or people to contact?

Thank you in advance! 🙂
 
I believe one of the chief residents at UCLA is a Western graduate. I will forward you his email via PM.

Hey all... I am starting my first year (DO) and based off a few shadowing experiences back home, I'm very interested in PM&R. I do not know my way around SoCal yet and am looking for a lead on a place to shadow... maybe get in on a little research... anyone have any ideas of good places or people to contact?

Thank you in advance! 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
western grad here.

it really will depend on what kind of experience you are looking for. rancho los amigos is a core western rotation site. it is also a rehab hospital. you will get good exposure to brain injury, stroke, and SCI. you can also look into the LA VA, where UCLA PM&R program is located. UCI, and Loma Linda also both have PM&R residencies. Casa Colina is a inpt rehab hospital that is pprox 5miles north of western U. you can go and hang out there as well for primarily inpt rehab.

out-patient pm&r, you can find a physiatrist in the yellow pages that practices general physiatry, or sports and/or spine and/or interventional pain.

there are many options for this - including Dr. Carvallho in costa mesa. he is a DO, grad from UCLA pm&r, and non-accredited pain fellowship.
 
Wow, thank you- this really helps! I had no idea there were so many places nearby. Time to start google-stalking and emailing people...


western grad here.

it really will depend on what kind of experience you are looking for. rancho los amigos is a core western rotation site. it is also a rehab hospital. you will get good exposure to brain injury, stroke, and SCI. you can also look into the LA VA, where UCLA PM&R program is located. UCI, and Loma Linda also both have PM&R residencies. Casa Colina is a inpt rehab hospital that is pprox 5miles north of western U. you can go and hang out there as well for primarily inpt rehab.

out-patient pm&r, you can find a physiatrist in the yellow pages that practices general physiatry, or sports and/or spine and/or interventional pain.

there are many options for this - including Dr. Carvallho in costa mesa. he is a DO, grad from UCLA pm&r, and non-accredited pain fellowship.