Post Bac Premed Chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

student1995

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all, I am seriously considering applying for a post back premed program. I am a current junior in college. I will be graduating next January, and plan on starting a post-bac program in the summer or fall of 2017. (So I will begin the application cycle in the fall of this year).

Here are my stats:
High School GPA: 4.0
Undergraduate GPA: 3.98, Major: B.A. in Economics (With a focus on math)
SAT scores: Reading 710, Math 720, Writing 750

Clinical Experience:
I am currently shadowing Spanish interpreters in a hospital (getting to see all specialties!) and will for the next 3 months
I will be volunteering at a hospital this summer
I will be volunteering at a hospital this fall semester (while I apply to post back programs)

I know that there is a focus on health care experience that these programs look for. I am wondering what my shots are at getting in to Goucher, BM, GW, UVA, Scripps, Tufts, etc. next fall and what peoples thoughts are on each of the program. Do I have a shot?? If not, what should I do to increase my chances??