Hey ,
I tried scanning thru the responses and I noticed noone mentioned Harvard's HCP program. I was in a similar situation, even worse. sub 2.5 GPA and I got in. Here is the situation as I understand it. The extension school is essentially a for profit entity. Basically, they will take your money, but they will tell you that your chances of getting into medical school even with stellar performance in the program will be really low. The are attempting to be realistic. If you explain your situation in paper, and then call and give them some brief details on your background, more times than not they will accept you-- so long as you understand that you may very well be wasting your money. As far as actuall getting a certificate out of the program, that depends on if you are completely new t he field f science or if you have already taken pre-med courses.
In short. HCP is a great program, and they seem most willing to accept applicants (take your money). However, it isn't one of the easier programs, you'll have to work hard, maybe even incur some debt if you want to take 3 classes per term. But it is an opportunity to rebuild/start over/ etc.
Finally, I'm young, just graduated in June, and like you I have explored a ton of options. It worked for me because I went to school in the area, and I hae soem support in the area so it made sense to stay. I took a gamble in the summer after graduation. Even with my low grades I studied my tail off and took the MCAT and got 35+. Thats has been my bargaining chip everywhere, it really helps to be able to point to something as rigorous as the MCAT to show that you are indeed capable of performing at a high academic standard. I'm just putting that out there, in case you don't get in to anywhere (highly unlikely), that there are still opporunities to prove yourself, but you will have to take the road less traveled (post-bac) and sometimes even veer off this road (take MCAT, although everyone tells u, you aren't prepared and u won't do well ) just to get back on the right track. Don't lose hope. My situation was pretty bad, but believe me, there are worse. Good luck, let us know how it turns out.