Post- interview etiquette

Started by MsPurtell
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

M

MsPurtell

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

I realize that after an interview it is recommended that you send a note or some sort of acknowledgement that you are appreciative for the interview. What do you guys think - is a simple e-mail to your interviewer and the director of admissions sufficient or should I get a "thank you" card and send that?

Margaret
 
Margaret,

A "simple" thank you card should suffice.

So how is your interview schedule?
If you are going to U of Maryland,Buffalo,NYU or Columbia I may be a help.

Good luck.
 
I advise to definitely send thank you letters to those faculty members that interviewed you. An e-mail in my opinion is too informal and therefore will not adequately deliver your message.

Racerdude
 
Thanks Henkel and RacerDude - a thank you note it'll be!!! Margaret 😎