Pre-Pharmacy Question

Started by Kimbap
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Kimbap

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am now a senior at my High School and I have been interested in pharmacy. As I apply for colleges do I have to pick a school that has a "Pre-Pharmacy Program", or can I attend any college and fulfill the prerequisites required for any pharmacy school and apply there (Is there any difference? Is there a requirement to enroll into a "Pre-Pharmacy Program"?). Also will I have higher chance of getting accepted if I attend Texas Tech and apply to Texas Tech University - School of Pharmacy rather than attending another school and applying to the same pharmacy school? (Also Texas AM and apply to Texas A M University - Kingsville Irma Rangel School of Pharmacy).

I have tried to look up these questions on Google and have not found any results. It is also summer time so I do am not able to ask my school counselor.

Thank you for taking your time to read this.
 
Correct, my college did not have a set pre-pharm program.

As for attending a school for undergrad helping you in admission... It really depends on the school. Some do, some don't. Others greatly prefer admitting citizens of their state.

For that one, it would probably be best to contact the school in question and ask.