Pre Req courses for Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

GatorGirl1215

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am currently working on my prereqs for Pharmacy school and am taking Chem1, the lab, and pre calc. I was just wondering if any pharm student could let me know if the difficulty of the pre reqs is the same or easier/harder than actual Pharmacy school? I am just really stressed out right now and it seems like I shouldnt have this much trouble since i only have 2 classes.
 
i wouldn't say that pre-reqs were a lot easier, but there were definitely fewer classes. i'm in 7 classes right now in pharm school, and the most i've ever taken was 5 in undergrad. its definitely a lot more about time commitment....if you think that pre-reqs are demanding, wait til you get to pharm school
 
I am currently working on my prereqs for Pharmacy school and am taking Chem1, the lab, and pre calc. I was just wondering if any pharm student could let me know if the difficulty of the pre reqs is the same or easier/harder than actual Pharmacy school? I am just really stressed out right now and it seems like I shouldnt have this much trouble since i only have 2 classes.

There're a few threads bumming around where students have asked a similar question to the pharmacy students + pharmacists on the "big kids' forum."

I can compare the difficulty of Chem 1 and Pre-Calc to the rest of your pre-requisites. They get harder, a lot harder, if you're struggling in Chem 1 doing Aufbau's Principle and Dalton's Theories and stuff, you are in for a long haul. Difficulty in Organic, for me, was at least tripled than what I experienced in Intro Chem series, and the same goes for Math.

Just put a LOT of time and energy into learning. Abandon most, if not all, of your hobbies for a little while and put 110% into school... It shouldn't be a long-term solution, of course, but you gotta get yourself on track before you're sinking at the 25 meter mark.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There're a few threads bumming around where students have asked a similar question to the pharmacy students + pharmacists on the "big kids' forum."

I can compare the difficulty of Chem 1 and Pre-Calc to the rest of your pre-requisites. They get harder, a lot harder, if you're struggling in Chem 1 doing Aufbau's Principle and Dalton's Theories and stuff, you are in for a long haul. Difficulty in Organic, for me, was at least tripled than what I experienced in Intro Chem series, and the same goes for Math.

Just put a LOT of time and energy into learning. Abandon most, if not all, of your hobbies for a little while and put 110% into school... It shouldn't be a long-term solution, of course, but you gotta get yourself on track before you're sinking at the 25 meter mark.

The thing is, the farther you go on it does get harder but it also makes a helluva lot sense.

I call Biochem the 'Light Bulb' class. Because you finally have the knowledge to understand so many concepts that were just given to you in the years leading up to it. You understand the mechanics behind DNA (which helps immensely in learning transcription/translation) and I truly did not understand the Kreb's Cycle until we covered it in Biochem.

So yes it gets harder, but in some ways it doesn't if that makes any sense.
 
yeah...pre reqs are much easier compare to what I am learning in pharmacy school...and i am only a p1.