Pre-req Grades

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

azncrusador

Full Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do pharmacy schools take into account your grades in classes that are not the pre-reqs for the school? Next quarter I plan on taking chemistry and calculus but I don't know what else to take. I wanted to take easy classes and pump up my GPA but my advisor told me that pharmacy schools only care about your pre-req classes.
 
Do pharmacy schools take into account your grades in classes that are not the pre-reqs for the school? Next quarter I plan on taking chemistry and calculus but I don't know what else to take. I wanted to take easy classes and pump up my GPA but my advisor told me that pharmacy schools only care about your pre-req classes.

It depends on the school, some look at your overall gpa but most definitely weigh your pre-req gpa more. But ultimately, do well in both and you'll be fine, try to only take 2-3hard classes per semester and balance it with easier less demanding classes. Good luck!