Pre-Req Questions

Started by EngrSC
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

EngrSC

VMCVM
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone heard either way if it's better to take calculus or algebra based physics?? :help:

I took 3 semesters of calculus based physics 5 - 6 years ago but will be retaking them because pre-reqs expire for some schools after X years. I did really well in the first 2 semesters of calculus based physics (B+ and and A-, C in third semester :eyebrow: ) and would rather just take the easier algebra based this time around ...

Haven't seen a thread regarding pre-reqs so feel free to post other questions here if you have any!
 
Has anyone heard either way if it's better to take calculus or algebra based physics?? :help:

Can't say for sure, but I'd be surprised if it makes any difference whatsoever, so long as whatever you take meets the pre-req requirement.

I did algebra-based just because I took calc more than 20 years ago and wasn't confident I'd remember it well enough to manage. Nobody ever said anything to me one way or the other.