Pre-Requisites help

Started by val_modus
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

val_modus

Student
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am currently finishing my undergraduate at a private university. I can not stay to finish all my pre-requisites because my scholarship will have expired and I simply won't be able to afford the extra semesters there. Will finishing my undergrad there, and then finishing my pre-reqs (which include OChem2, Physics, Calc, Stats, A&P1, and Speech) at a community college still allow me to apply to most pharm schools in Texas? Or do they absolutely require these pre-reqs to be taken at a 4 year university? Thank you for considering my case and taking the time to respond.
 
I think those would be fine. I know a lot of schools want majority of your upper level, harder courses to be taken at the University level, but you only have OChem, and Physics, which are upper level. I took Calc, Stats, A&P, and Speech at a Community College. I took OChem, Cell Bio, Physics, Genetics, BioChem, etc, all at a University. Just don't make anything less than a A, lol. Community College is considered and supposed to be the easiest course work, so making a C won't look good.