Premed -> Pre-Opt?

Started by Kochanie
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Kochanie

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys, I'm considering becoming an optometrist, but have a question about the OAT. If I prepare for the MCAT, will I be prepared for the OAT if I do make the switch?
 
From what I am aware.... yes. The main topics on OAT is Reading Comprehension, Biology, General Chem, OChem, Physics and Quantitative Reasoning. If you study for the MCAT and it includes all those, then you should also be ready to take the OAT. However, the MCAT has much more info and is much harder so it's better to study for the MCAT and take both than study for the OAT and try to take both lol