Preparations for first Fall Quarter

Started by audballer
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

audballer

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As an incoming AT Still University student, is there anything I can do to prepare for the first Fall quarter. My undergraduate major is not communication disorders, so I am just afraid that the materials taught in the first quarter might be a bit difficult to catch on. I do have the book list as well as the class schedule. Does anyone recommend I tackle the textbooks early on?

Thanks in advance for all the advice.
 
I'm a first year as well. Just to be on the same page, I'd suggest picking up older editions of Martin & Clark's Intro to Audiology and Yost's Fundamentals of Hearing.

I did my program in Speech & Hearing in 3 quarters, and I'm pretty sure everything I was ever tested on was contained in those texts. Like many programs, we were very speech-path heavy. If nothing else you'll be on more equal footing.