Prereq Credits Question

Started by johnnya26
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

johnnya26

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all,

I have recently become interested in applying to Dental Schools next fall. The more research I do on admissions requirements, the less sure I am of my current course track.
I scored a 5 on my AP Biology Test senior year of high school and was accredited for the 2 core Biology courses and associated labs. I'm going into my junior year and am pursuing a Chemistry B.S. with a Biology Minor. Can the 8 Credit, or two courses, Biology requirement be met with upper level courses that I require for my minor or does the 8 credit requirement imply the 2 core Biology classes that all 4-year institutions offer some variant of?
All of my other requirements have been met at my 4-year college.


Any insight would be appreciated.