Primary Care?

Started by Tash
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Tash

New Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

I'm considering osteopathic medicine, however I'm not for certain that I want to become a primary care physician. Does anyone have any advice or know any D.O.s that have a successful practice in another specialty.
 
There are MANY d.o.s that do not practice in the primary care area. You should be able to find a d.o. in any specialty in just about any area of the country. If you get on the web pages for each d.o. school you will find that each school graduates ~40% into primary care areas...that's alot going into other specialties! Just look around you!