Professional Organizations

Started by mango6110
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mango6110

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone else who applied for this year, not a member of emergency medicine professional organization such as SAEM or ACEP?
 
Anyone else who applied for this year, not a member of emergency medicine professional organization such as SAEM or ACEP?

I'm not a member. What exactly does being a member in these organizations when you're a med student do for you? I love EM and I hope to match into it and have a very long career doing it... I'll become a member when I match.
 
Not sure how much they care when you are applying, but there are some good deals. As an EMRA/ACEP member four days at the conference in Boston cost me $90. That plus the money I've saved on the books I've ordered from EMRA have more than paid for my membership. So at the very least financially it can be a pretty good deal.