Prosth

Started by StreetHawk
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

StreetHawk

Junior Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was just curious as to what the prospects are for individuals graduating from prosth. Is there sufficient demand for private practicioners or are many affiliated with universities? I don't see many private prosthodontic practices in my area and wasn't sure if this is a general trend. If anyone has any info. I would appreciate it. Thanks alot
 
I know a prosthodontist from home, who is in private practice. He basically started out doing mostly general dentistry ( for about 8 years). Now he is finally doing what he wants to do, and making a lot of money doing it. He does full mouth recontruction now, and implant restoration. It's amazing what he can do. Pros is a great field, but you may have to wait a few years before your skills and your reputation become good enough that people will pay you $10-20,000 per cast.