Psychiatry

Started by Firebird
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Firebird

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Howdy...

I did a search for psych already, but it didn't turn up as much info as I had hoped.

Please give me the run-down on a psychiatrist's residency, call schedule (clerkship, post-grad, and during practice), salary, match rates, the future of the field, etc. etc.

Don't feel obligated to try to answer every single question, as I'm sure they will eventually be answered.

Thanks!
 
Hi:

I'm not an expert but I believe that it is a pretty easy match in comparison to say Emergency Medicine. My understanding is that the job market is pretty good - but depends upon your specialty and part of country. Salary I am not sure of since there seemed to be a big impact on private psychiatry from HMOs etc. As to call schedules etc. I suggest you read some of the posts on scutwork.com reviewing psych residencies. They will give you a good idea of what residency involves. HOpe this helps.

Cheers,

M-