PTCAS Spelling Error

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

oceanside1

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is my first time using this site. I have worked endlessly on the ptcas application since the day it opened which was probably one of the biggest headaches I've ever had to deal with. I thought I had everything checked as needed, so I submitted the application a couple days ago. However, I had to go back in to check something and underneath the certifications section where I listed my First Aid training certificate, I spelled it "Furst Aid" like a complete *****. My finger must have slipped while I was typing it out (please don't think that's how I actually believed it was spelled). Is this basically a deal breaker in my application? "Oh this guy can't spell first aid correctly or properly check an important document. Next!" *trashes application.
Please tell me this has happened before...
 
I don't think it's a complete deal breaker in your application. A school might use it to make a decision if you and another applicant were the exact same on everything else maybe, but I don't think you should worry too much. Last year I completely misread a prompt for a supplemental application so I wrote the wrong essay, and then later had to email the school asking them to please ignore the previous essay and sent them an updated one instead. I ended up getting accepted to that school! So from my experience, it seems like schools are willing to overlook mistakes like that.
 
This is my first time using this site. I have worked endlessly on the ptcas application since the day it opened which was probably one of the biggest headaches I've ever had to deal with. I thought I had everything checked as needed, so I submitted the application a couple days ago. However, I had to go back in to check something and underneath the certifications section where I listed my First Aid training certificate, I spelled it "Furst Aid" like a complete *****. My finger must have slipped while I was typing it out (please don't think that's how I actually believed it was spelled). Is this basically a deal breaker in my application? "Oh this guy can't spell first aid correctly or properly check an important document. Next!" *trashes application.
Please tell me this has happened before...
You could try contacting PTCAS to see if you could change it