-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Q about PCAT BIO part (classification)
Started by wendy
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I think Kaplans was good enough (remember that King Phillip thing, though). The bio portion really focuses on human biology. I think the one thing I didn't like about the Kaplan book was that it went too far into detail-no need to memorize neurotransmitters, etc, just basic body systems and basic bio info. I finished the bio section in about 10-15 minutes and had more than enough time to check it, etc.
adventurer said:no need to memorize neurotransmitters, etc.
I can not recall exactly the question, but there actually was a neurotransmitter question on the Nov 2004 test. I believe in regard to how muscles move.
yeah, i agree with above, there have been some kinda random questions on recent biology pcat sections (i took october 2004.) i actually had about 3 questions on PLANT biology.
i remember one was something like "what is the name of the symbiotic relationship between plant roots and soil bacterial or other organisms?"
the answer is myocorrizae (i butchered the spelling!) i only know that because i'm a *hardcore* biology nerd, and i absorbed every word in my bio 117 class (second-semester pre-health sciences biology, it was half plant and half animal physiology and such.) they're these nifty little nodules on plant roots in nutrient-poor soil. plant biology is so much fun!
but yeah... as far as prepping for pcat bio... i've only taken it once, so from what i've seen i'd say focus on human biology, but expect anything.
i remember one was something like "what is the name of the symbiotic relationship between plant roots and soil bacterial or other organisms?"
the answer is myocorrizae (i butchered the spelling!) i only know that because i'm a *hardcore* biology nerd, and i absorbed every word in my bio 117 class (second-semester pre-health sciences biology, it was half plant and half animal physiology and such.) they're these nifty little nodules on plant roots in nutrient-poor soil. plant biology is so much fun!
but yeah... as far as prepping for pcat bio... i've only taken it once, so from what i've seen i'd say focus on human biology, but expect anything.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How did that king philip thing go again? I try to stay away from mnemonics... I have a friend who has mnemonics for his mnemonics... 

Avicenna04 said:How did that king philip thing go again? I try to stay away from mnemonics... I have a friend who has mnemonics for his mnemonics...![]()
Kingdom
Phylum
class
order
family
genus
species
King Philip came over for good sex or
King Philip Called Out Fifty Good Soldiers
mnemonics site
I never heard that one before. But, I suppose King Philip can do as he pleases.jemc2000 said:King Philip came over for good sex

jemc2000 said:Kingdom
Phylum
class
order
family
genus
species
King Philip came over for good sex or
King Philip Called Out Fifty Good Soldiers
mnemonics site
I used: Please come over for gay sex. I could remember the K.
Combining the two: "King Philip came over for gay sex."dgroulx said:I used: Please come over for gay sex. I could remember the K.
Yet another useful mneumonic!
Kids Playing Catch On Freeways Go Splat ....... is what i use. 🙂
Similar threads
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 9K
E
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 3K
E
