Quant GRE for Davis

flockofdoves

Feb 13, 2020
  1. Pre-Veterinary
    Hello friends:

I just took the GRE at home this week and got a 158 on quant and 160 on verbal (don't know writing yet). This was after prepping for 1.5 months with Magoosh, Manhattan Prep Book, and the GRE book. I'm a California resident, so Davis is one of my top choices, and I know they weight the quantitative GRE section heavily in deciding who gets to the interview stage. Do you guys think I should try to take the GRE again for a better quant score?

Some context:

I am applying in the 2021-22 cycle (rising juinor), so I have some time.
    I have a 3.8 GPA
    I currently have around 700 hrs of vet experience and 1000 hours of animal experience (both are fairly diverse). By the time I apply, I estimate the vet experience will be around 1200 in total.

meelc

UC Davis c/o 2024
    2+ Year Member
    Sep 26, 2018
    California
      I think as long as you are able to maintain (or increase) your science and last 45 GPA your score should be fine, its a good score. I think the average for in state is usually around 70%. If you check out the thread for last years applicants, a lot of people who got interviews posted individual stats (vs just the average posted on the admissions website) UC Davis c/o 2024 (hopefully). If your grades happen to decline over the next year then you may want to reconsider taking it next summer.

I ended up taking it twice between when I took it to apply for grad school and then again before applying for vet school. I pretty much just did as many practice quant problems as I could before retaking it the second time and that helped me increase my score from a 155 to a 161. However, my science GPA was on the low end so I really needed that high quant score.

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.