question about C- grades

Started by heyhey20
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

heyhey20

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey guys!

I was just wondering...if i have a c- grade in o-chem do i have to retake it? Has anyone gotten interviews with a C- on their transcript? I'm applying to schools in california. I'm just asking cuz i might not be able to retake that class. any info would be great, thanks.
 
I think a lot of schools (maybe most or all) require a grade of "C" or better in pre-requisites like organic chemistry. Technically a "C-" wouldn't cut it because its not a "C". So I hate to tell you but I really don't see how you can not retake the organic chemistry class, which is the most important prereq I think for most schools.
 
hey guys!

I was just wondering...if i have a c- grade in o-chem do i have to retake it? Has anyone gotten interviews with a C- on their transcript? I'm applying to schools in california. I'm just asking cuz i might not be able to retake that class. any info would be great, thanks.

A lot of schools WON'T take a C-. You should definitely retake it, schools definitely take a long look at O chem. Retake it if at all possible. 😳
 
Bottom line, if you want to apply for pharmacy school, you'd need to retake it. I know some schools like mine didn't allow me to retake a class unless I got a D or lower. If that's the case, I would've done it at a local JC.

Good luck.