Question about P/NP classes

Started by tastybeef
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

tastybeef

Full Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I took 2 courses last semester for P/NP. One is a one unit seminar, the other is a 2 unit adjunct course. The only grading option given for both courses was P/NP. I received P's in both of these courses, but I just found out that P's are sometimes converted to a letter grade such as C- and such.

Will this negatively impact my GPA when I apply to dental schools?
 
How can a P be converted to a C? On apps I've done a P counts as a P, no letter grade conversion.
 
Oh, I meant that as in you record your grade as a P/NP, but dental schools view them differently. From what I've seen on my school's livejournal forums, the consensus is that grad schools view P/NP as C's for P and F's for NP. I'm just asking for a wider perspective.