Question about residency

Started by CohenMeow
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

CohenMeow

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My boyfriend was accepted to grad school in Mississippi and I was planning on moving there with him. Does anyone know when I would need to move to Mississippi so I could apply as a resident to veterinary school. Do I need to be a resident by the time I apply? Or by the time I am accepted? Or by the time school starts?

If anyone has experience with this PLEASE left me know. I have tried talking to the school and have talked to 5 different people and no one seems to know.

Thanks for your help!
 
Hopefully someone can confirm this, but I think you have to be a state resident at the time of application to apply in the in-state pool. And I know that Mississippi is one of the states that does not allow changes in residency after enrolling.