Question about SMP or post-bacc

Started by Nasem
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Nasem

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am currently taking all my pre-med requirements (Both general chemistries, both general biologies, and both organics) , by May of 2008 I'll be done with all of them.

However, I am planning to actually spend 1 more year (FALL2008 - Spring2009) taking alot more post-bacc classes in the following year....(Yeh I am doing this becuase Im suffering from a low Undergrad GPA ~ 3.01)

After doing some GPA calculations, I estimated that If I was to earn a 3.8 in every class I take now, My overall GPA will bairly move up, its bairly going to touch 3.25 (however, my science GPA, thank god, will be touching 3.6ish)

What should I do then, should I spend 1 more year take another full load of post-bacc classes (then my GPA should be in the 3.35 range ~ which is still low compared to my much higher science GPA)
Or should I actually apply for some SMP program....

Im kind of scared of doing too many years with post-bacc classes, wouldn't med schools look down upon you if you do that??