question about systematic review & meta-analysis

Started by reggiano
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

reggiano

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am starting a systematic review & meta-analysis, and my PICOS question involves a modification of treatment strategy that is relatively new, and has only been studied in 4-5 studies over the past two years.

Because it is relatively new, my systematic review/meta-analysis would include only 4-5 studies...

Is there some unspoken rule about how many studies should be included in a meta-analysis? Or an unspoken rule about "waiting until enough studies" are out before doing a systematic review/meta-analysis?

Selfishly, I don't want to wait for more studies to come out then lose the opportunity to "get there first" with the publication... and I need a publication for my resume... and I like this topic.