Question about the early decision

Started by Jims wife
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Jims wife

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I applied for the early decision. I will be interviewed soon. Right now, something has changed. My husband's work location is changed,if I go to that school, I will probably separate from my husband. I want to consider more schools. Does anybody know if I cancel the interview, can I get into the regular cycle after October 19th? If someone had the same situation, please help me.
 
I applied for the early decision. I will be interviewed soon. Right now, something has changed. My husband's work location is changed,if I go to that school, I will probably separate from my husband. I want to consider more schools. Does anybody know if I cancel the interview, can I get into the regular cycle after October 19th? If someone had the same situation, please help me.


I would call the school and explain your situation immediately. I'm sure they will understand. 🙂
 
I applied for the early decision. I will be interviewed soon. Right now, something has changed. My husband's work location is changed,if I go to that school, I will probably separate from my husband. I want to consider more schools. Does anybody know if I cancel the interview, can I get into the regular cycle after October 19th? If someone had the same situation, please help me.

As Jessica1992 said, contacting the school and letting them know is a good option. Although, you may want to contact PharmCAS first before you talk to the school to make sure they will let you withdraw your application before the final acceptance invitations are sent out by the school. The last thing you want to do is tell the school you don't want to go there, not be able to withdraw your application, and then still have to go interview 😛