Question about upcoming PCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

tazdevil696

U of M Student
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey I took toe PCAT a few times already done horrible so I need some suggestions. I'm studying out of MCAT books because they seem to be the best for Bio and Anatomy so far. But I want to take practice tests. I have a Cliff book from 2 yrs ago now and an old Kaplan book from 2003. But I was wondering if there are any websites that are free or books I can buy that would be beneficial for practice exams. The studying materials are fine, I just need the practice exams. I don't want to spend my money on a Kaplan class because I'm paying for this bloody PCAT again and this time PharmCAS so its costing me a bit. Some assistance in this question would be greatly appreciated thanks
 
If you have not already purchased the official PCAT practice test from Pearson, I would definitely recommend do so. It offers to full-length practice test just like the PCAT, gives you a score report for each subset, and shows a general range of what composite score you most likely will receive on the real exam.

Here is the link http://tpc-etesting.com/pcatopt/
 
Hey I took toe PCAT a few times already done horrible so I need some suggestions. I'm studying out of MCAT books because they seem to be the best for Bio and Anatomy so far. But I want to take practice tests. I have a Cliff book from 2 yrs ago now and an old Kaplan book from 2003. But I was wondering if there are any websites that are free or books I can buy that would be beneficial for practice exams. The studying materials are fine, I just need the practice exams. I don't want to spend my money on a Kaplan class because I'm paying for this bloody PCAT again and this time PharmCAS so its costing me a bit. Some assistance in this question would be greatly appreciated thanks


Like someone has mentioned. Take the 2 practice exams on Pearson website. It helped me find my weaknesses and it should do the same for you.

I believe the Kaplan class is worth it not only because there is an instructor. The truth is the Kaplan class gives you ample amount of practice tests and review material you said you desperately need. If you are going to spend money on another PCAT exam and pharmCAS, why not go the extra mile and spent more money on Kaplan and its test material.

Think about it this way. If you don't do well on PCAT again, what's the point of spending more money on pharmCAS?

If I were you, I wouldn't apply until I get a decent PCAT score and if it takes spending a thousand or more dollars on kaplan...so be it.

The choice is yours...