question for recent dpt grads!

Started by f00239849
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

f00239849

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was just wondering if anyone has been offered a job that includes the benefit of the company /employer paying off their previous loans. Everyone knows that DPT school is super expensive, so it would be great if anyone could share some information regarding who/what employers offer this as a sign on benefit...I am also not talking about a sign on bonus that is payed out over a couple years...i am talking about legit loan repayment. This was brought up while I was being interviewed, and I don't know if we were mislead, but I was told that this was something that employers were now doing. Thanks in advance for any future responses.
 
Last edited:
The most that I have seen offered in my interviews was a $10,000 sign-on bonus with a home health agency that required a contract. The average amount was around $5,000, some spread it out over two years; these are mostly starting bonsuses for working in a very rural area. If they do offer tuition reimbursment it more than likely will not be an extensive amount (compared to the amount of student loans), but then again I don't know every place that is offering.
 
I didn't receive any loan repayment offers during any of my interviews. Like Ry19 said though, I did receive a sign-on bonus from my job for $7500 paid out over 2 years so those seem like the more common offers.