Questions on Material

Started by kordjames
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kordjames

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does the Kaplan book cover all material needed for the PCAT except for Organic? How much of Organic should I know, just the basics?

Also, will the Bio section be based off General Bio or will it require more knowledge from Anatomy, Microbio, and Genetics courses?
 
I just took the PCAT last weekend. I felt like that Kaplan Biology section was more than sufficient in preparing for most questions on the PCAT. My major gripe with Kaplan though is that it doesn't cover microbiology at all. =/
 
If possible take an organic chemistry course. Kaplan does nothing to prepare you for this section. If that's not an option get the organic supplement from pcat destroyer
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is it necessary for me to have taken all needed prereqs like Human Anatomy or Microbio? Can I do good with just the info from GenBio 2 and the Kaplan book?
 
Is it necessary for me to have taken all needed prereqs like Human Anatomy or Microbio? Can I do good with just the info from GenBio 2 and the Kaplan book?

There were a few micro questions. You might just have to miss those questions if you don't take micro. I have an old version of Kaplan so things might have changed but I don't remember them covering micro at all. As for Anatomy, the Kaplan book should be good enough. I found taking the class helpful because it cemented the concepts but I don't think it is necessary if you study Kaplan.

You might find it worth it to buy the practice tests. You can see what it is like and then decide how many prereqs you need to take before your exam.