Radiation Exposure

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Student2005

Junior Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I plan to become a Radiologist. Just curious about any studies showing health risks (i.e radiation exposure) of a career in rads.

Thanks
 
I want the answer please,

I heard that IR doctors are exposed to radation...
What about DR & NM ? Do DR & NM doctors are exposed to radation too ?

An Interventional Cardiologist told me that his work is very dangerous, Is IR the same ?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Everybody wears a monitoring badge whether it's doing fluoroscopy or CT guided procedures.

You get a report every quarter for what your total dose (for the term and lifetime) is.

Be smart, wear lead (including glasses, if you do a lot of procedures!), and don't fluoro with your hands in the field.