Rankings for fellowship programs?

Started by Neurotica
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Neurotica

Emotion Detector
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I recently overhead a psych resident saying he had been accepted to a forensics fellowship which was "ranked as one of the top 5" in the country. Someone else said they were going to a "top 3" sleep fellowship. As I've never even heard of any types of rankings for psych fellowships, I was just curious what this was based on. Is there something similar to the US World & News psych residency rankings for fellowships, or is it just based pretty much on reputation?
 
For forensic, I think a lot of people believe if you are working with Dr. Resnick at Case Western or Dr. Appelbaum at... Columbia(?), that's the top 2 programs.... I forgot where Dr. Simon is at...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad