old and closed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tulsajoe94

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Where is your state of residence ? Where did you apply and when did you submit your secondaries ? Any interviews ?

Members don't see this ad :)
Post your new MCAT score here in June and I can advise you further as to when and where you can apply. Your EC's are fine. It is probably your GPA that is preventing you from receiving more interviews.

Post your new MCAT score here in June and I can advise you further as to when and where you can apply. Your EC's are fine. It is probably your GPA that is preventing you from receiving more interviews.
I’ll add also the later completion of application in Aug and Sept probably hurt you. Too bad your MCAT expired.

@Faha and @wysdoc , how extensively do you recommend rewriting a personal statement? I feel not much has changed since last year and my motivations for going to medical school are still the same...

Also, should I ask my boss (digital marketing) for a letter or rec, or is he too unrelated?
Rewrite at least some paragraphs of your personal statement, because you are a Texan who got 2 interviews & you want to get more next time. I know it is hard not to fall in love with your own prose! Using the same essay verbatim will be seen as lazy by those who have seen this essay before.
Apply EARLY, as in June as soon as you get your MCAT score back.Starting in May log back in to TMDSAS and begin working on and saving the various pages of your app. You will have new job and activity entries to create or update.

Yep! plan to submit the app in May so by the time it is verified I can attach the scores and send them off to schools :) thank you for your advice! I'll ask around for readers suggestions and ask my friends. I've had a couple of interesting life experiences this year that maybe I can slip in there to show have I've progressed in the last year.
@tulsajoe94 actually I think you might want to wait until you have your new MCAT score to submit. Why? Especially if you think you might improve your score, because some schools might initially screen you based on your older score and even though they CAN look at your app again after a new score is uploaded, they will be crazy swamped at that point and might miss out doing that.

@wysdoc @Faha
Hi guys, this thread is a bit old, but I was hoping you could clarify that last question. Am I able to submit my application for review without choosing schools so that I can get it verified while waiting on MCAT scores? Or do you have to select school when submitting?
You have to choose one school. When you add more schools later the app will go out to them in 1 day (verification of your creds already having been done.) Keep on studying !

Reactions: 1 users