Reading Comprehension ???

Started by cemented
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

cemented

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi
I have a question
Is the reading comprehension on the PCAT anything like the Verbal reasoning on the MCAT?
Thanks
 
i am very slow reader and got horrible score during kaplan class but trust me the passages on actual pcat were real easy...on test day do the passages that you are familiar with and short in lenght...do some practise and you will be fine....i was very scared about reading but it wasn't that bad...(english is my third language as well) i got a tip from someone on this forum and it helped a lot during the reading section... read the passage and circle the answers on the test booklet.. once you finished answering transfer the answer to scantron for that passage and move to the next one and do the same thing....
 
I took the PCAT and MCAT. I find both sections to be comparable though I consider the PCAT's section to be slightly easier. Reading comprehension has never been my standardized exam forte but I did well on the real thing = 94.

My best score on the MCAT verbal was a 9, go figure.😳

If you have prepared for one, then you're ready for the other.
 
No, the reading comprehension isn't like the verbal reasoning. They basically just give you 8 passages to read, all of which are journal or article excerpts. The questions are based on information in the passages and either ask you to interpret, infer or seek out specific information.
 
No, the reading comprehension isn't like the verbal reasoning. They basically just give you 8 passages to read, all of which are journal or article excerpts. The questions are based on information in the passages and either ask you to interpret, infer or seek out specific information.

Aside from the selection of articles, I'm not sure how your description of MCAT Verbal Reasoning differs from PCAT Reading Comprehension. Both ask for what you describe in your post.