This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1038378

:alien:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends on when you apply, how competitive you are, and probably a bit how lucky you are. Be complete ASAP while still having a good app.

Reactions: 1 users
My question is how long after you are complete do eyes actually get on your app?
Highly variable. Were you assigned to a screener who is currently on vacation? Were you assigned to a screener who is currently working from home and enjoying a cup of coffee while reading apps? Were you assigned to a screener who is a surgeon and only reads a couple apps each night? Has your application even been printed off or assigned yet? The list goes on and on...and it's not always based on competitiveness. At my last meeting, applicants MCATs ranged from 504-522.

Sit tight and enjoy the ride. One valuable lesson that this process teaches is learning to be comfortable with the uncomfortable.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Realistically, how long after submitting your secondary does an adcom actually read your app?

Highly variable. Were you assigned to a screener who is currently on vacation? Were you assigned to a screener who is currently working from home and enjoying a cup of coffee while reading apps? Were you assigned to a screener who is a surgeon and only reads a couple apps each night? Has your application even been printed off or assigned yet? The list goes on and on...and it's not always based on competitiveness. At my last meeting, applicants MCATs ranged from 504-522.
Also depends on whether your application arrived at the med school July 10 or the day before the school's deadline, if your MCAT score is available (if it matters to the school), if your application needed to go through an IA (or legal issues) screening committee, and whether all your LORs have arrived.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Thanks gonnif, you're a g, you're the only one who gave me an actual time frame lol
Yes, but please don't get too excited or try to hold him to his very precise 1-4 month time frame. :cool:

If you go on individual school threads, you will find people who hear within a week or two, and others who are ghosted far beyond four months, so just realize that actual time frame is nothing more than a common sense, rough rule of thumb. In addition, in many cases you'll have no way to know whether you have been reviewed, since they might not either give you an II or a R immediately after they do so. :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Ha ha don't worry, I'm a reapp and technically I still haven't heard back from a few schools I applied to last cycle lol
Okay, so you know way more about this than I do!!! How are you doing so far this time around???

Reactions: 1 user
I'm still adding schools. Last year I rushed and sacrified quality in my writing. This year I'm making sure each essay is representative of my writing skills. Haven't heard anything yet for AMCAS, but I added most schools in September and the earliest mid-Aug. So not expecting anything till late October or November. Surprisingly got 2 TX IIs even tho I aint from TX lol.
The TX schools are probably a good omen for you (although I really don't want to jinx you here! :)), since they are sooo difficult for OOS to crack.

Reactions: 1 users